Monday 23 February 2015

All I wanted was water in the house!

The water tank in our house is supplied via a link to our landladies house, occasionally we run out and have to go round and communicate that we have no water (khong nùoc) so that she can turn the switch. That happened this lunchtime.

So, I called round at her house, just to ask for water, but was invited in. As well as some of her family, there was Nhia (a Son Doong porter who spent Tet guarding the entrance and equipment,  playing cards along with others I didn't know.

I was invited in for a beer and the next thing I know I'm involved in a drinking session of beer and rice wine, and English/Vietnamese lessons using an I-phone translation app.

Where did the afternoon go? I need food, fortunately it's now tea time and we're off to the Vung Hue (the only restaurant open at the moment).

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear it's not all hard work! Hope you and Ruth are enjoying it all!

    ReplyDelete