Wednesday 24 February 2016

Bats in Hang Va and Nuoc Nut

This one measures up

On my previous tour, I counted the size (roughly) of the bat colony in Hang Va (there is well over 200). I mentioned this to Deb and she knows a "Batman" in Hanoi who she said would be interested.

What a beautiful nose

So, for my next tour, my mission was to obtain some pictures, fortunately the bats seem to roost very low so it is easy to get pictures.

Nuoc Nut

The next tour was only a few days later and the Guide hadn't been before so I went for both days.

Tree at the Hang Va campsite

An early start from Phong Nha, the mist was hanging low and gradually clearing as we left, a beautiful sight.

Misty Mountains

Nuoc Nut was first, and towards the sump there are also some bats which seem the same as the Hang Va  so I was able to get some pictures there, as well as some reasonable shots of the cave.

Nuoc Nut

Hang Va was next but this time there were fewer bats roosting, they were mostly flying about, but there were still some available for photography

Cave Cricket

As I was on a wild life photo mission I thought I would snap one of the white cave crickets in Va as well, there are lots about and the are quite big at about two centimetres long, with antenna that seem to reach nearly four centimetres extra.

Just hanging around



No comments:

Post a Comment