Wednesday 7 September 2016

The Last Post

May rain later

So, the end of the road as we know it, I'm now back in sunny Yorkshire (and it is sunny!)

Yup, here it is

Here are a few pictures from my last day in Phong Nha. The day started off sunny but then clouds began to gather before half an hour of torrential rain.

Man in rice field

There were not many of us left in Phong Nha, but we went out for some drinks and a final meal, Pizza! How very Vietnamese.

Looking down stream from the bridge

First though, I cycled out of town to the main road and onto the bridge over the river. From here there are some good views, both upstream and downstream.

Phong Nha from the bridge
Excellent visibility but I had to leave to start drinking beer before any sunset occurred.

Another view of Phong Nha from the bridge

(Too) many beers were drunk, before and after the pizza, and it was nearly ten pm before I wobbled off home.

Close up of the town

The next day was my last in Vietnam, a midday flight to Ho Chi MInh City and then a midnight flight back to the UK.

The quiet streets of HCMC

I booked a hotel for the afternoon so I had somewhere to leave my bags while I went out for food, I managed to find a nice little Vietnamese restaurant near the hotel, fried pork belly with salt and chilli, very nice.

Hotel room, small but acceptable




1 comment: