Monday 5 September 2016

One last bike ride, just for old times sake

Highway to... Phong Nha

I leave tomorrow, so I thought I'd get in one final quick bike ride around the village, checking on the state of the rice fields and countryside in general.

Country roads... take me home

The first hing I pass is the dual carriageway, there is finally some progress here, the farthest point from town looks almost finished (and there is some work at the town end too).

Green fields

As I cycled round, the sky got rather dramatic, looked like rain.

I don't know what the sign says, but it makes a statement

The rice is nearly all ready, turning yellow and ready for harvest. Just in time as it is the rainy season soon.

Phong Nha view

Looking back towards Phong Nha is a great view, and one that will hopefully never change, rice fields, colourful graves and the mountains in the distance.

Money, money, money

There was a National holiday a few days ago, and so the area around the graveyard was scattered with votive offerings.

The road to nowhere?

As I returned to Phong Nha there was a little bit of rain but this cleared up in time for the sunset.

River deep, mountain high

Not as good as the previous night, but at least I had my camera this time. Shame I didn't have it with me as this was one of the best sunsets I've ever seen, did get a rubbish shot on my phone though.

The previous day

1 comment:

  1. The sign mean: "Collecting tax for tourism culture's development"
    The post was full of emotion.

    ReplyDelete